cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SteamVR work well with cable link but not airlink

sheey
Honored Guest

SteamVR works weel on cable link, I click SteamVR on the oculus library, it launches and get into steam home.

But when I use airlink, steam vr launchs and flash like a second then bring me back to oculus control room, while steam vr is running but I cannot see it.

6 REPLIES 6

sheey
Honored Guest

anyone?

Hey there! We know just how troublesome it can be when apps won't launch correctly. We'd love to get your AirLink working properly! Please try out these steps:

1. Turn on your headset
  2. Connect to your PC via AirLink. The PC app should start up automatically.
  3. Open the Steam library on your PC and launch the game you want to play (In VR mode, if the game supports both modes). It will launch the Steam VR app automatically, and the game should start up on your headset.

If you're still having issues, it may be due to your WiFi connectivity. Are you able to run other games using AirLink? Check out our AirLink Connection Troubleshooting Guide for more help!

Let us know if that solves your problem!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

sheey
Honored Guest

Hi, none of any reboot solve this, I have reinstalled SteamVR and OculusApp. This happend first time at 2 months ago, since then I have to play all Steam games through wired connection. I was hope later update of Oculus or SteamVR would solve this, but it didn't. Sometime(very rare) that through AirLink, SteamVR works at whole session, but in most cases, it don't show up in the headset.

The SteamVR is correctly deteced the Quest2(as the headset and controller image on the SteamVR desktop), and the SteamVR Home is correctly loaded(as I can see it at SteamVR -> Show VR view), but it didn't responds with any interaction(include headset's move).

If you need any further diagnostic information, I am happy to provide.

Hey there @sheey, thanks for giving those steps a try! You should send us a PM so we can get this sorted out for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Shimsh0n
Honored Guest

@sheey  I'm having the exact same issue, did you by any chance find a solution?

maybe your game isn't supported by steam vr