cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck In "Immersive View" Mode Oculus Quest 2

Cbowen02
Honored Guest

When playing sideloaded or downloaded vr videos/movies on the Oc 2 tv player, they play in "immersive view" mode now...all the time...every video. And while they play in immersive mode, the in-video see through control panel stays up, and will not go away. Immersive mode sucks as it brings everything in a video so close that it is unbearable, and unnatural. I have tried everything to toggle between regular vr and immersive view vr and there is no way that I have found to do it. No display or playback options found either. This was not happening a couple weeks ago. What happened?

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Cbowen02! We're sorry to hear you're having this issue with the immersive view. We know how annoying things like that can be. No worries though, we are here to help!

The sideloading videos aren't supported and there was a recent update. The videos are most likely causing the issue. We would like you to factory reset your device. You may be able save the videos on your phone's files app, so you don't lose them. 

If you still have trouble, please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

steve.rivera.1610
Honored Guest

I AGREE with Cbowen02 I'm having the same issue. And no its NOT the videos causing the problem, its your new update

Uncle.Ricky.nyc
Explorer

I agree this is just so frustrating.  Completely unusable feature for the reasons you've described.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?