cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synced videos just have wifi symbol with exclamation mark

dirplesflame
Honored Guest

I cant view synced videos on the oculus app, i synced them to my phone and they show there but i cant actually watch them theres just this wifi symbol with a “!” I have a stable internet connection so i dont know why i cant watch them

221 REPLIES 221

Hey Luigi_my.love! We recommend going to the files app inside your headset, and turning off and back on the sync media button that looks like a cloud with a circle in it! If this doesn't work, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app! Here is a link to an article that may share some useful information: Syncing media

Hope this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Plyingfungus
Honored Guest

Hey Oculus!

I just tried to manually sync 4 videos to my phone, two of which were under 30 seconds, and the other two around 5 minutes. The two short clips came in perfectly, while the two long ones didn’t. It shows a black screen with an exclamation mark and a wifi symbol. I tried restarting my Oculus Quest 2, my phone, and I even uninstalled the oculus app and reinstalled it. Nothing worked, as it still shows this same symbol. Please help me on what to do, because I would very much appreciate having these clips to watch. 

3C53C369-0E24-472B-A646-1A29F86F79F8.jpeg

Did you ever find the answer to this? I’m having the same problem, very annoying!

June 2022, same issue still occuring. just wiped app data, reinstalled, & still only a handful of my pics & videos show up in the app, along with a bunch that are just black (no thumbnail, won't show anything when opened either).

Seriously, Meta, get your **bleep** together! A problem this big persisting for as long as it has is laughable. I'm embarrassed for you.

I have done all of these; nothing helps. It's acting that way on both my iPhone and iPad. It just started 3 days ago. My old videos are fine.

BTW, i went to the link you show in the message and I cannot find anywhere where I can "send a message" to privately contact you - and yes, I'm signed in.

Samething is happing to me and I can’t fix it

Hey @themanman1! Thanks for that confirmation on the previous steps not working.

We do have just a couple more things we can test out in regards to your media syncing:

1. Uninstall the oculus app.
  2. Reinstall the oculus app.
  3. Sign in but don't check your device.
  4. Force stop the app.
  5. Turn all permissions on, including installing from unknown sources.
  6. Start the app and check your device.

If these don't seem to help, please reach out to our PMs @MetaQuestSupport where we can look into your issue more in-depth.

Looking forward to hearing your update!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have the same problem,, I've been making videos for almost a year and all it does it show the wifi symbol

I have deleted and reinstalled, turned on and turned off wi-fi and bluetooth, restarted, resynced, everything. I've posted on so many sites. No one seems to be able to help. Here are 3 images showing what I see on my ipad. iPhone is similar but smaller.

First image is what I see on main screen showing wi-fi symbol. When I touch "see all," I see images and times, leading me to believe it's synced. However, touch any image and I get the third screen.oculus-problem.jpg