cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Photos to Phone Issue

p8rple
Honored Guest

I've been having this issue for a couple of months now with my Oculus Quest 2. I have the oculus app downloaded on my phone and whenever I have tried syncing my photos onto the app it tells me to connect my headset to the app. When I connect it, it usually asks for a pin. I put the pin in then it loads and from there it keeps loading and never stops. I think the reason was because you can only sync photos to your phone if you are an admin on the Oculus. I share it with my brother who is the admin and I am one of the side accounts. So that might be the issue, but even then, how am I supposed to get my photos to my phone? Or is there a way I can change admins without a factory reset? I would greatly appreciate it if someone were to help because I've been struggling with this since I got the Oculus earlier this year in April 2022. 

1 REPLY 1

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @p8rple, I think that you're exactly right about not being able to sync your photos while on a secondary account on the headset. I haven't tried that specifically myself, but I do know that you are only able to pair to the mobile app from the admin account on the headset. So that seems like it could be what's going on here.

As for changing admins, it does require a factory reset of the headset (every time you wanted to switch who is the admin), and you'll have to set it up initially with the account you want as the admin.

Unless your brother is willing to login to his account on your mobile app, your best bet would probably be to ask him to sync the photos to his app, save them, and then send them to you. It might not be the most simple way to do it, but it seems like the best fix for your set up!

Let me know if you have any questions or anything, and I'll do my best to help! 😊

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!