cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The big disapointment from oculus support

gataka
Honored Guest
Hello to all who take there time to read the forum,

I am in one uncomfortable position and i can see i will never get out from here so i  decided to describe everything here. I hope some admit can see this and some one can help, because th oculus support staff are ignoring me.

I will make the long story short - I have received an oculus rift CV1 version for a present from friends and relatives, they bought it from uk and deliver it to me in Bulgaria. The HDMI cable seems to be defective, one of the pins is broken.

I have searched but nowhere i can find a replacement cable to be bought. I open a ticked in oculus support center on 12th August, they agree to send me a new one,  they refuse to send in Bulgaria, I offered to pay for the postage and for the cable, they again refuse. They requested UK address, so i gave them one where my frineds ca receive it and deliver it to me.

The problem is after that the support stop answering, i have send 3 messages and they ignore me completely. I have no time, in the end of the next week my friends will return in Bulgaria and i will be stuck here with defective and expensive item, that i cannot use.

I am waiting 11 days this problem to be resolved , its a pain. I waited this item with such a great impatience and what i get is disappointment.
9 REPLIES 9

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

gataka said:

Hello to all who take there time to read the forum,

I will make the long story short - I have received an oculus rift CV1 version for a present from friends and relatives, they bought it from uk and deliver it to me in Bulgaria. The HDMI cable seems to be defective, one of the pins is broken.

Which one?  one of the pins is meant to be slightly further back than the others.

I am waiting 11 days this problem to be resolved , its a pain. I
waited this item with such a great impatience and what i get is
disappointment.
Then you're still in the normal window,  it's generally been in the 3-4 week range, though I think it sounds like they're catching up with the backlog of tickets.

gataka
Honored Guest
Yes exactly, one of the pins is shorter then the others. 

I have no time, if they don't send it next week i cant receive it. They refuse to send it to Bulgaria. 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
So it doesn't work on your pc ? What are your specs ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

zproxy
Expert Protege
use skypax

gataka
Honored Guest
My pc is all compatible. I already discussed all this topic with the support. dont want to return there. I have no doubt in my setup.

This people are awful. I am very disappointed and angry. I gave up. They are answering one time in a several days, and everything is extremely delayed. 2 weeks we are talking for something that could be settled in the first day. They have no phone.

I looked in forums and in redit, and there are a lot of people in the same position, with the same problem as mine (defective cable), most of them waited more than 40 days to setup all with the support.

I just gave up. I am left here with defective item and I feel terrible.

cybereality
Grand Champion
One of the HDMI pins on the end is supposed to be recessed, and that is normal. I know a bunch of people think it's a defect, but if you look at any HDMI cable they are all like that. So it may be that the cable is fine, and there is another issue, or the cable is defective (but not because of the pin).

Also, replacement parts can take weeks to process. I seriously doubt there is any way to get the cable in one week, unfortunately. But let me check with the support team to see if there is anything we can do.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

falken76
Expert Consultant
Is the Cable something that would wear out over time due to flex?  If so, can we purchase an extra one?  I have spare parts on all parts for my 3d printers that are prone to damage over time due to flex, being able to switch out a damaged cable saves so much time.  I would buy a cable to have on hand.  I understand they might not be available during whatever it is that's causing this now, but how about in the future through the oculus store or something.

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, you can't currently purchase replacement parts from Oculus. However, we do plan to sell components in the future, for cases when customers need a replacement but are no longer under warranty.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

gataka
Honored Guest
Edit : i did resolve it and i am waiting the cable to be send.