cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Lost errors since v41

h.r.gargi
Level 7

Hi together!

I noticed since v41 that I got much more tracking lost errors than before in my spaces I use the Quest 2. In my Facebook group my members also report tracking errors since v41. Is that already a known problem?

Greetings

Pierre

Facebook Power Admin
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/
3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, h.r.gargi! We know tracking issues can be pretty discouraging to get, so we'd love to help out! 

To gain a bit of insight, could you please answer the following:

1. To confirm, this was first noticed after v41?
  2. Have you attempted any possible troubleshooting?
    • If so, please list them out so to not repeat anything.
  3. Has anything changed in your play area recently?
  4. We noticed you mentioned it happens when using the headset in its currently known boundaries. 
    • Could you attempt some different locations with different lighting as well?  

Along with those, could you please attempt the following:

1. Wipe the headset sensors with the recommendations found here
  2. Try changing the lighting in the room. 
    • Sometimes too much/not enough light can cause a tracking issue. 

If those don't seem to help out, feel free to reach back out for some other possibilities! 

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again! We just wanted to check in and see if you were able to try the troubleshooting steps we suggested. Let us know if it worked, or if you still need some help. We're here for you!

Hi! Well I am not so sure. It has become better, but I am not so sure if there was an update meanwhile. I cleared the guardian history and since than it was not so often, but it is not gone. I also had the chance to try other devices with v41 and they also are very sensitive for changes in lighting in a room. Means it is very bright in the room, I turn to a corner where it is darker and tracking lost could happen. I am very sure it started with the v41.

Facebook Power Admin
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/