cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Apps From one Quest 2 to Another?

chefskinner
Honored Guest

my son just discovered and purchased a quest 2 and i would like to transfer apps / games i have on my quest 2 (which i haven't used in over a year) to his new unit, i.e. remove the apps / games completely from my quest and have them install on his, is this at all possible? thanks very much in advance!

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @chefskinner! That sounds like a pretty interesting question, which we'd love to address! To be blunt, there is a way to transfer over apps and games. This would be done by simply logging into the account that has said games on the new headset. As for game data; some, if not all, does tend to get lost in the process but no worries! We do have a Cloud Backup which should be automatically enabled in every headset.

To find which of your downloaded apps are supported by Cloud Backup, as well as the last backup time and backup size:

1. Go to Oculus.com on a computer.
  2. Click your profile picture in the top right.
    • If you don’t see your profile picture, you can either make the window larger, or click the character icon in the top right to sign in.
  3. Click Devices.
  4. From the left menu, click Cloud Backup.
  5. Use the search field to filter for any specific application, or scroll through the table to view which of your applications have Cloud Backup enabled.

In regards to removing the data from the initial headset; you would complete a factory reset with the following steps:

• Factory reset your headset:
    • Turn off your headset.
    • Hold the power and volume down (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory reset and press the power button.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, feel free to reach back out any time!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!