cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to send my girlfriend a referral link

MorbidSedation
Honored Guest

From the Oculus app, but I messed something up, and decided to unsend the message on Facebook .. Now I can't resend her the invitation for her headset.

Is there anything to do? The Oculus app still sees it as 'referral sent', and I can't find her in the contacts list anymore due to that.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We love gaming and know how important it is to take advantage of any credits. Please try to send the referral code over text message. If that doesn't work, then reach out to us over private message and we can look into this further for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Well, my problem is that I cannot send as a text message. I only get the option to send over Facebook / Meta Messenger - Can't even find a way to get it as a text link to copypaste.

Pic of my Oculus App referral screen 

Thanks for getting back to me. Have you been able to try sending the referral through your headset? Have you already activated the new device? Please reach out to us via private message with your account email and username. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Likewise thanks for replying.

I cannot find any way 'inside' the headset to send a referral link. Most guides say to use the Oculus App also.

She hasn't activated her headset yet, and haven't connected any headset to her Oculus App yet, but we really would like too, without missing the 30$ each to buy games with. Mine has been activated since last year.

Awesome thank you for that update, @MorbidSedation! No worries, we would love to help out with this. As for now, we would suggest reaching out through PM, as we will need to gather some sensitive information. 

43S0P
Honored Guest

Dude i dont know why Oculus support is making this so **bleep** complicated.  The referal link isnt anything special its just https://www.oculus.com/referrals/link/OCULUSUSERNAME/

Replace OCULUSUSERNAME with yours and send.... you can literally write it down and give to her. Hope this helps you man, not sure why Oculus Support didnt just let you know that...

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?