cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two alternative reset (recenter position) viewpoint.

I-OMBR
Honored Guest

Hi at all!

I cannot reach some switches / buttons with my "hands" because I am hindered by the desk.
I have seen that if I re-center the Oculus by moving the chair back,
I can reach them without obstacles, but at the moment I do not have the possibility to also move back the positioning of my joy / throttle.
Would it be possible to implement a recenter position additional to the default one, but much closer, almost emulating the zoom?
I saw that there are some "ovr_RecenterTrackingOrigin or ovr_SpecifyTrackingOrigin" calls that maybe could be useful?, but I'm not a programmer.
I meant if it was not possible to implement an alternative center position of the entire VR view, in addition to the default one based on the position of the headset.
For example, this alternative position of recentering the entire VR view, could be set back 60 cm from the last default recenter position. (or with other user preset distance).
In this way, if it were also called with a special command to be assigned hotas, a kind of zoom on the cockpit could be simulated, reaching the cockpit buttons without the obstacle of the desk.
Thanks

1 REPLY 1

420inPortland
Expert Protege

no. It will always be off the headset position.

Ryzen 7 1800X, Auros X470 Gaming Ultra, Power Color RX 580, 4200Mhz Corsair Hynix 32g, 500g Samsung 970 EVO (OS Drive), 1TB Silicon Power Gen 4 (Game Drive), Custom Water Loop