cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair my iPhone 13 with Quest 2

terezin2011
Explorer

I am trying to pair my iPhone with the oculus quest 2, but I setup my oculus go on the same account with no difficulty.  I am trying add the quest 2, but when I try and pair it is saying unable to connect to your headset.  I have tried all the different options to help me connect, but I still get the same message unable to connect to headset.  Bluetooth is on and share my location is switched on and quest 2 is switched on so I can’t see what the issue is.  Is this a common problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This solution has worked.  I installed the desktop app and used the link cable to connect it to my laptop then logged into my oculus account then followed the instructions to pair the headset.

Steps:

• Install the Desktop app
  • Connect the link cable to your oculus headset and then to your PC/Laptop.
  • Go to devices and select Quest 2
  • Then follow the instructions to link your headset as with the iPhone app
  • Setup the Wi-Fi
  • Setup your hand controllers then you will be able to interact with your headset and use it normally.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We know pairing issues can put a stain on your experience, so we'd love to lend a hand! 

We do want to begin by sharing if your account is not currently set as administrator on the headset, you won't be able to pair the headset. 

Sometimes giving different networks a shot can work also. (Mobile hotspot, Cellular data)

What all have you tried? (Just to not repeat anything)

Looking forward to your update! 🙂 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have tried the following:

• Install and reinstall the oculus app
  • Switch my Bluetooth off and on
  • Set my Location
  • Set My Personal Hotspot to on.
  • Set my Oculus app to on in Mobile Data

And I have tried all the options in the screenshot which brings me back to the same screen.

screenshot-copy.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave up trying with the same problem the other day, but it gradually drew me back in again trying the same things over and over. Annnnd?  Still absolutely nothing.

What's going on bulldog!

Hmmm, let's have you try some of those steps again but with a twist this time around. If you wont give up, then neither will we! We're in this till the end, so let's give it heck. Kindly perform the following:

• Sign out of the app
  • Uninstall the app and leave sitting for 5 minutes
  • Clear Bluetooth cache/computer history of the app (or both, depending what you use)
  • Reinstall the app and leave sitting for a couple minutes
  • Sign back into the app and try to pair again

As well, if that didn't prove any fruitful results, try the above steps but with the following:

• Sign out of the headset
  • Hard reboot headset from the factory reset menu (hold power button and minus volume button down for 30-40 seconds)
  • Once headset is turned back on, sign back in
  • Attempt to repair the headset

We look forward to your update!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, I refuse to get dragged back into this one so stop trying to entice me it’s not funny…🤭

terezin2011
Explorer

Is there a Windows 10 version of the oculus app?  I could try and pair it to my laptop instead of my iPhone if this is possible. 

@terezin2011 The PC app is compatible with Windows 10, the only thing is they updated it to also be compatible for Windows 11. 

You can definitely give the Oculus Home Desktop app a shot and let us know if that changes anything! (Yes it will say Rift software, that's what the PC app uses, it's more than okay for the Quest/2)

I would just make sure your PC is compatible for Link usage too.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

This solution has worked.  I installed the desktop app and used the link cable to connect it to my laptop then logged into my oculus account then followed the instructions to pair the headset.

Steps:

• Install the Desktop app
  • Connect the link cable to your oculus headset and then to your PC/Laptop.
  • Go to devices and select Quest 2
  • Then follow the instructions to link your headset as with the iPhone app
  • Setup the Wi-Fi
  • Setup your hand controllers then you will be able to interact with your headset and use it normally.

Yourusualtoaster
Honored Guest

Having the same problem, I tried Factory Resetting it, no fix 😞

Plus just lost ALL my games from this confirm your oculus account verification.