cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pre-order Rift S

digitaljjd
Honored Guest
I've tried Google Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer, disabled all ad blocking/antivirus programs and still no luck. I cleared my cache and failed. 
My paypal account and credit cards are legit. Never any problem until now.

"PayPal did not complete successfully. Please change to a different payment method or click Continue to PayPal to be redirected back to PayPal. After that, you'll return here to finalize your order."  -Tried multiple times and failed.

"There was a problem trying to add this credit card. Please try again or use a different payment method." -Tried multiple cards and failed.

I feel as though this is a scam to get my payment information. I assume this is a problem on the Oculus side of things. I am not so sure I still want to pre-order anything now, maybe Vive will want my money? lol. I just wanted to let someone know there may be an issue that needs to be resolved for accepting payments. 

5 REPLIES 5

lensmandave
Superstar
Order it from Amazon?
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

digitaljjd
Honored Guest
And risk the warranty being invalid from a non-certified retailer in the event it doesn't work? Pass. Nice try though. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

And risk the warranty being invalid from a non-certified retailer in the event it doesn't work? Pass. Nice try though. 

He said Amazon, not E-Bay. There is no risk about the retailer. Just read who the retailer is. It's easier than reading posts on a forum.

digitaljjd
Honored Guest
@Zenbane
 I appreciate your comment, I really do, but my post was intended for the support staff and had nothing to do with whether I pre-order from amazon or not. I know it's not eBay. As I recall, I have seen a few Oculus won't honor my "Amazon it's not a 3rd party purchase" posts. It's not about that, it's about they may need to fix a possible issue with accepting payments on their site. I do realize they have other retail partners, but choose to do business with them directly. Thanks.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @digitaljjd,

Sorry to hear that you're having troubles setting up a pre-order for the Rift S. It sounds like you've already done a good amount of troubleshooting, so please create a ticket including the steps you've taken thus far with us here: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/

For the question in regards to purchasing it from another retailer, you may find a list of our supported retailers here: https://support.oculus.com/2024025064558333/

Thanks, -Aidan
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!