cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbind Oculus Rift from account.

v.vencevics
Honored Guest

Hello, I recently purchased Quest2 so I gave my Oculus RIFT to a friend and he cannot add it to the Oculus app, support told him that he needs to factory reset the VR but I think the problem is that I can still see the device on my account in Mobile app, also I recently changed computer and on my PC I cannot see the Oculus Rift. How to unbind it from my account?

2 REPLIES 2

You can't factory-reset a Rift and it doesn't have to be added to the app. I suspect it will appear on his account (and therefore the phone app) once he's installed the PC app and logged into it with a Meta account.

You'd have thought that meta support, of all people, would know you can't factory-reset a Rift.

If you can see it on your app, do you have the option to remove it from there? That might smooth the process.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey v.venevics, 

user_901925786032222 is correct! The Rift and Rift S do not pair to the mobile app but instead connect to the desktop PC app in order to link itself to a Meta Account. Please advise your friend to do this instead of attempting to unlink the Rift from a mobile app. If you need further help, please select our name to get to our profile page or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!