cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Desktop - Mouse cursor is not visible when cursor is over textfield.

kylekaturn
Honored Guest

Windows 11.

Oculus Quest 2 

Oculus link to my Windows PC

Running Virtual Desktop.

While I'm using virtual desktop. everything seems works well. 

but when I move my mouse cursor over a any type of text input field, mouse cursor become invisible immediately.

cursor become visible again as I move cursor out of text field. 

I had take off my headset and checked my monitor, cursor was visible on my monitor. it was only invisible on my headset.

Please help.

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We understand how this can be a bit annoying when wanting to enjoy your games.

Thank you for providing your information. We'd be happy to look into this with you starting with a few questions.

Does this happen in one certain app or all apps?

Does it happen when playing Steam apps, Oculus apps, or both?

Does it happen during standalone play?

Looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi. We're reaching out to see if you still need assistance. Let us know if you do!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi.

I don't know what happened. but after a few days. it somehow solved itself.

I'm not sure what was causing this issue. but right now I can see my cursor wherever it is.

I'm keep my eyes on it too see if it happens again.

Thank you anyway. have a good day 🙂

Thanks for the update. It is kind of weird! Have a good day as well!

Game on!

ima.oiar
Honored Guest

Hi,

i have the same issue and does not fix like kylekaturn, still persist.

same escenario:

• Windows 11 PC
  • Oculus Quest 2
  • Running Virtual Desktop with Airlink

While I'm using virtual desktop (using PC as normal, I mean working on windows, not gaming) everything works well, but when I move my mouse cursor over any type of text field, mouse cursor become invisible immediately (white colour really).

Cursor become visible again (black colour or normal) as I move cursor out of text field.
happens with all text in all its meanings: Mails, webs, office... whatever have text and not being a link

In this moment while i am writing here mouse is white and i can not see it or select text normally, p.e. when i take the mouse out of editing field, mouse become black or flag and i can see it again.

I had take off my headset and checked my monitor, cursor was visible on my monitor. it was only invisible on my headset.

I dont know if the issue is oculus or Virtual Desktop.

Hey there @ima.oiar! We'd love to look into this further with you to see if we can improve this experience with you. Please gather logs according to THESE instructions and then reach out to our email and chat teams HERE. This way, we can ensure that AirLink is running properly on your PC and see if there's anything else that's causing this. Thanks!

JOE.DANCEN
Protege

same here. Mouse pointer disapears and is shown again when i wiggle the controler

Oculus-appversie 60.0.0.162.352 (60.0.0.162.352)

Emvyell
Honored Guest

I'm actually having the same issue. Would you mind posting the solution in this forum, so the thousands of people who don't login can see what has to be done?

Thanks for the help in advance!

JOE.DANCEN
Protege

@Emvyell i removed the beta oculus app and are now on the standard release. problem is solved