cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vr Has Corruped My Hard Drive Twice

MayerMayhem
Level 2

I have an oculus quest 2 and often connect it to my pc play steam games and live stream it. Since I started doing that, my PC has frozen twice upon closing two separate games. I brought it to two different pc repair places, and both found that my hard drive had been corrupted. It's been about a year since this last happened, and I'm afraid to hook up my oculus to my pc in case it corrupts my hard drive again. The games that broke it were Vrchat and Five Night's at Freddy's Help Wanted. I hope there is a fix to this because I love playing games in Vr and I don't want to pay for another hard drive.

2 REPLIES 2

RoastPork
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

That is a very odd situation, indeed, and I'm sorry that happened. Did the repair place tell you exactly what they thought caused the hard drive corruption? Connecting the headset to your PC via Link merely streams the game to the headset, the PC handles all the processing, so I'd perhaps update the Oculus PC app/repair it, as well as uninstall and reinstall those apps in question. Lemme know if you try these things. It might also be useful if you ensure that your PC is 100% compatible with Link.

Now you're playing with power...SUPER power!

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @MayerMayhem! Just checking in to see if you are still experiencing this issue?  We want to make sure you are able to get connected with your online friends and enjoy the world of VR! 

If the information above is has not helped please reach out to our PM! 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.