cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not pair

I have factory reset my Oculus 2 headset. Multiple problems so had no choice.
Now I have to pair it, however, there is no way to do so, even with an oculus account. The app doesn’t work. I’ve removed/added after having shut down iPhone 3 times now. 

software is up to date, phone is latest. What is going on with Oculus, or is it Horizon, or Meta or is it something else? I need to pair my headset, that’s it. I had a FB account synced with oculus. But what is Horizon? Pls help before this ends up getting sent back for a refund. It’s as though too many ppl are working this app/device & no one has the right formula. It worked for a few months. 

4 REPLIES 4

DominatorVIP
Adventurer

Ever since Oculus introduced the new Meta accounts, the app has been in ruins. So just know that you're not the only one having issues here.

Everyone is having issues at the moment pairing their headset to their device. I made another post (Re: Cannot pair Oculus Quest to the Oculus App - Oculus Community - 981252 (oculusvr.com)) about the issue and various people replied saying they have the exact same issue I did.

All I can recommend at the moment is to make a Support Ticket and explain the issue. The more people that make tickets the faster the App Developers can be alerted to fix these issues. You can make a ticket here: Meta Quest Help Center | Meta Store (facebook.com)

Otherwise, all we can hope is that someone responds with a magical solution to fix the pairing issues.

markishome359
Honored Guest

You're going to need to make a new Meta account from your Facebook account: https://auth.meta.com/migrate/

They just switched to the new account type over the past couple days, and everyone with a Facebook account needs to migrate now.

I’m so over this whole debacle, I’ll try your suggestion tomorrow. My headset almost got tossed across the room…but I managed to let it safely land on the sofa.

This is going in 3 days now.

• I wish they’d hurry up and get it done. This is really irresponsible of them. They should have a competent team working on this, or they shouldn’t have changed anything. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?