cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you turn off rift s controller vibration

TocaWasTaken
Honored Guest

i had my rift s for about a year now and i have noticed if i use USB 3.1 gen 1 it will connect first try but when the controllers vibrate they lose tracking. so i have been using USB 3.1 gen 2 ever since but it will take about 5 tries for the rift s to actually start tracking. so after like a year of owning it i thought "hey they may have fixed this problem", no its still the same. i have a asus prime x470 pro motherboard and a ryzen 7 2700x CPU.  

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Greetings! While we don't have an option currently to turn the haptic feedback off, we completely understand it must get frustrating to constantly start over the process when you're in VR. In this thread, some of our users may have found a temporary solution, so we recommend taking a look!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Weren't we promised this option a long time ago? Pavlov vr works in oculusxr only and I cannot use steamvr to disable or lower haptics at all. I guess I know what headset I'm not buying next. Such a simple thing to add. This is not the support I expect. 

treymok
Honored Guest

They abandoned the Rift S the moment they bought Oculus. From day one is was all about getting people off of the Rift/S and onto their new headsets. This is evident with the fact that on the Quest you can turn it down in the application. 

Clearly. The option is there in quest as well as steam vr. I just can't use steam vr (also why should I?). They have the ability to.. And it would be easy. But yet somehow I still get firmware updates weekly I must take. Lol.