cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display port problem seems unfixable

thebigboy18
Honored Guest
I'm going to run through the last day of events. My rift s is on and detecting i'm there, yet the display port is not being detected, I have tried seemingly everything, but nothing has worked so far.
List of things I have tried:
1) unplugging the USB and display port, plugging back in the USB, waiting 5 seconds, and then plugging back in the display port.
2) unplugging the headsets cable, and then plugging it back in.
3) Opting for the public test channel 
4) Updating my Oculus drivers, graphics card, and windows version (all were up to date)
5) Restarting Oculus via the beta tab in the settings
6) Restarting my computer DOZENS of times
7) Combining 1, 5 and 6
😎 Contacting Oculus support (no answers)
9) Contacting every discord I could find about VR, (no working answers)
10) I even tried praying and crying, but in the morning nothing changed, no surprise there

26 REPLIES 26

thebigboy18
Honored Guest
the only way i see to fix this is to buy a new cable specifically for the rift s and using that

TollyBoyer
Explorer
The only way to fix this is to sell this broken headset and buy a better one.

Arcage
Honored Guest
Extremely frustrating.
I bought a powered USB hub, finally (after all the steps you mentioned) got it to connect, and still sensors wont pick up.
My family is watching me like an idiot piss about with this thing for too long. It's just infuriating that in this day and age you can't make a plug and play device.
Feel like I'm back in 2004 playing EA games. 

baddweather
Honored Guest
I had this problem at its absolute worst, I read every guide online, every forum, tried every fix (that didnt require extra hardware) and nothing. My Headset worked fine at first  when I got it in January, or maybe I just didnt notice the crashing yet, but after a month or two I noticed very consistant crashing, sometimes 30 seconds into a game, sometimes 30 minutes into a game. I could basically set my watch to it. Finally, I bought the powered USB hub like everyone had recommended, as every thing seemed to indicate the Oculus headset was simply losing power. A  $25 powered USB hub was the most cost effective fix to try first, and it worked like a charm for me. I have had multiple 8-12 hour sessions of VR with friends and experienced no more issues than usual. Oculus doesnt seem to want to admit that yeah, you might have to go buy more stuff to make the headset work, but there it is.

thebigboy18
Honored Guest
I do like the idea of the usb hub however my problem is the display port because my headset has enough power to last me for years. but my headset wont display it, I do have a warantee which i am going to try today, if not then im going to get and try a new cable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do like the idea of the usb hub however my problem is the display port because my headset has enough power to last me for years.

I know the error says that the problem is the displayport but trust me its the USB port. Lots of people have this problem and it sometimes is fixed by unplugging and replugging in the USB cable without ever doing anything with the displayport cable. Also many people are able to completely fix this issue with a powered USB hub. I know, the error message is misleading and doesn't help you understand what the problem actually is or what the fix should be. My guess is that the error messages are written by the same person that writes their driver update notes. (ex: fixed some bugs.)

MoyenCroco
Honored Guest
Had this shit
Update DP firmware (nvidia), not driver, but firmware
Works pretty well
You had some issues explain on reddit 
reddit dot com rift s display port not found fix driver rollback
None works for me, but i'm in 2.2.0 on headset firmware

dan.m.griffiths
Explorer
Got this problem too. Have updated DP firmware and no change. Will try a powered USB hub today and report back. So far nothing has worked. Set worked fine for three days since 13 May, but hasn't worked since. Green light stays on during setup for 3-5 seconds on display port then reverts to the searching circle.  When will Oculus acknowledge that this is a major issue and do something?

chris_sim82
Honored Guest
Hi.
First post here but just wanted to say I had this issue today after not using the Rift S for a few days.  USB working but Display Port not being detected (stuck in a cycle).
Anyway I updated the Oculus app to the Beta and still nothing. But noticed there was a new Nvidia driver. So reluctantly installed that and hey presto. I now have a working Rift S.
So whilst it may not fix it for everyone, updating the Nvidia driver through Geforce experience solved it straight away for me.
Hope this helps someone.