cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Quest 2 downloads keep stopping and only start over

Quad187
Protege
bought 2 of the 256g headsets , both do same thing, smaller downloads are just fine, but anything in bigger size get about half way threw and stops, all we get is a download button and it starts over,, arizona sunshine so far out of 10 tries on both,  would be nice if downloads would resume where they left off.

12 REPLIES 12

Quad187
Protege
bigscreen on my wife's head set is doing the same thing, mine finally got it .

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
Hoping they address this with next update. I've been trying to download 3.63GB since launch.

Quad187
Protege
our internet is not the best out in the country, pause/resume buttons is a life changer for us like in steam but I dont even see the option to pause on these headsets .. heading out now to a friends house in town with cable, were going to give that a try.

Quad187
Protege
k,,, both our heads sets downloaded the games we wanted with no issue on faster internet 14.5MB/sec.. so im guessing being these have a pause/continue download issue.. maybe they will have that fixed for people that have crappy internet service on the next update 🙂 to where it don't need to start the hole download over again when something happens during download.

Don_Jakobi
Explorer

Quad187 said:

k,,, both our heads sets downloaded the games we wanted with no issue on faster internet 14.5MB/sec.. so im guessing being these have a pause/continue download issue.. maybe they will have that fixed for people that have crappy internet service on the next update 🙂 

I really hope that is the case, I live in rural Colombia and am infuriated that I cannot download the better games at the moment. No in-ground infrastructure, double-NAT, router is hooked up to some antenna that transmits to a tower down the street. I wanted to think it was just their servers, but I guess there is no use in being in denial now. I do download all kinds of huge downloads on PC, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One all the time with no issues. They should fix this somehow. 

absalon_castano
Honored Guest
I am having the same issue. Tried twice with walking dead

AustinSliker
Honored Guest
ive been trying for days at starbucks free wifi,dominos,my android hot spot and burger kings free wifi to download the starwars game and just at or around 1.2gb it would almost stop and thats only if i have the headset on during downloade so at that point if i set it down then my down load seems to reset.no luck...im about 15 hours into getting this game to just download.Ive tried to many times to count on my hands and feet.ive downloaded smller games no problem it fast as hell like demos but the games of 2gb or more just wont download.i sure love vr and also wont give up just because of this ....why well because i now take my buisness elwere to steam where there is a pause botton so oculus quest 2 wont get no more of my money till this is resuolved in a update???

AustinSliker
Honored Guest
finally inched my download by staying really still at starbucks free wifi ...i looked lik a pigin with me holding my breath for 2 strait hrs with it on my head(quest2) and fingers crossed but the last 50mb was gut wrenching .it downloaded and well about time!!!

Quad187
Protege
How is everyone's downloads now ? 1-3-21  , all 4 of our headsets now are acting a lot better on downloads, very few issues.  Must have been a bug somewhere that they fixed,  my son had a issue downloading the walking dead on x-mas but 2nd try it worked fine.   I still think it would be nice for them to have a Pause download button.  

Only issue we have now is with the beat-saber multiplayer game, we get a error every time.. but I think that is in my home network, i bet there is a port or something blocked, if we go somewhere else its fine.  Odd part is our other online play games work fine.