cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus quest 2 not connecting to pc via air link

overheatedcore
Level 2

i have tried everything, reinstalling software on pc, restarting etc. (factory reset the oculus would be my last resort but i don't know if that would fix it). a few weeks ago it worked just fine. I have a 5ghz network and a semi-vr ready pc. if i try connecting it, it is just taking a while and giving me an error. (it says connection interrupted)

(sorry for my bad english if i made any grammar mistakes)

4 REPLIES 4

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello and welcome! We see you mentioned having trouble connecting your Quest 2 to the PC; we understand this can be concerning and take time away from your gaming, but don't worry, we've got your back. We will do everything in our power to get you all taken care of as soon as possible. Could you please do the following so that we can better understand the situation:

• Use a USB 3.0 cable instead.
  • Check that your PC is Quest 2 compatible (more information on compatibility here)

If you continue to have problems connecting your device, please let us know so that we can look into other options and get you back up and running.

i checked and everything in my pc is compatible, but my usb c cable doesnt support graphical output so air link is the only option for me sadly. and as i said, it worked fine for me a few weeks ago.

(CPU intel i7 9750, GPU Nvidia gforce gtx 1650)

still thanks for the reply

Hey there again. We hat hearing that your Oculus Link isn't reading. We'd love to help.

We do see that you should be able to read the cable and are compatible. There could be a few reasons why it would not be working that we could also explore. 

Could you reach out to us in Support HERE With log notes so we can streamline this further for you. We have provided steps below.

• 1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  •  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe * The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  •  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’. 
  • 4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list. 
  • 5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete. 
  • 6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop. 
  • 7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

We look forward to hearing from you in a Support ticket.

oh i noticed i need to make a support ticket, sorry