cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power adapter

amitm2711
Explorer

hello!

can i use a power adapter type c with 20w for ouculus quest 2?

i can't find in my countrey 10w.... please help me.. any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, a genuine Apple 20A USB type C adaptor would be fine.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @amitm2711 the power rating of a USB adaptor is just the maximum power that it's rated at delivering, what it actual delivers will depend on what you plug in. So if you plug in a Quest that takes 10W, a 10W and a 20W adaptor will both be ok delivering 10W.

thank you very much for the quick answer! So just to understand, why oculus recommend to use only 10w adapter power If it doesn’t matter the watts of the adapter?

thanks again

Oculus can really only recommend their own adaptor because they know it's been designed and tested at a continuous 10W for long periods without overheating or presenting any other hazard but there are some nasty cheap power supplies out there. ebay and amazon are awash with fake and untested stuff so if you don't buy from a trusted retailer, it can sometimes be a bit of a lottery what you get with regard to electronic devices, particularly USB power supplies.

Plus there are adaptors that are rated less than 10w which wouldn't deliver enough to keep the Quest charged during play or would take longer to charge a Quest during stand-by.

Thanks a lot u really enriches my knowledge 🙂 so if i have a adapter power 20w original for iphone it is safe for the oculus?

Yeah, a genuine Apple 20A USB type C adaptor would be fine.

Thanks u, really appreciate ur help!!

I've got a 9W (5.2V 1.8A) Amazon Fire 8HD adapter.  Is this fine to use on the Quest?  I'm assuming it would just charge slightly slower.  I just don't want to have multiple adapters for different devices.