Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Problem with display drivers" error

pakakstone
Honored Guest

INFO: Headset : Quest 2
GPU Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060

Since the update I have lost the ability to connect to either my PC or my laptop. They were both working great before ! I was using it at work for web meeting etc.,.. now I cannot.

I have tried with both cable and airlink but now get the error:

"Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics drivers"

I have tried updateing all drivers ( GPU and occulus )

I have tried both types of geforce drivers ( gaming and .... the other one 😉  )

I have uninstalled and reinstalled them all.

I have tried disconnecting all usbs except mouse and keyboard and disconnected additional monitors.

I have rebooted soooo sooo many times.

I am at the end of my rope... PLEASE help

If I cant get this working I will have to return 2 headsets and find some that will actually work, which I really dont want to do.

As I said it was working fine before. 

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! That is not what we want to hear. Rest assured that we will work together to get this issue resolved. We ask that you contact us at customer support with your log information so we can deep dive into this issue further. You can also PM us directly if you'd like. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Here are the steps to gather your logs:

1.Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2.Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
        *The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3.Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4.Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
5.Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6.The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7.Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

We do look forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MonarchSciences
Honored Guest

Hello;

I am having the same error, attempting to install the oculus software on a windows 10pro system (64bit) using an Nvidia Quadro 4000 graphics card. I have attempted to uninstall, re install and update the drivers automatically, and manually. however when I go to the nvidia website and select the appropriate credentials, the downloaded package says that the drivers are not compatible with my system.

So, I too am now stuck in this endless loop of install, uninstall, reinstall, update - only to have oculus tell me at each attempt that my graphics drivers need updating.

please assist asap.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?