cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the sign in is broken

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
using windows 10 updated, android phone, and Linux mint updated, I can't sign in to the forum just the main oculus site.

I had to reinstall windows and use ie at no updates just to log into the forum. now I will ghost back to me updated version. so I won't be able to post again.
5 REPLIES 5

Richooal
Consultant
You are one dedicated poster!
Re-installing Windows just to log into this forum is a bit much. I wouldn't re-install Windows to get my Rift working. 🙂
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Forum login can be super stubborn, we mention this pretty regularly and it doesn't seem to have improved over the years. It varies for me but isn't confined to any particular browser or OS. Logging in on my Quest, 2 nights ago was impossible but worked straight away last night.

But yeah, I think even your AI would advise against re-installing Windows for this problem!

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I have trouble too, I usually need to log in using different browsers or computers.  Sometime I don't bother its not worth the hassle, after a few days is all good again.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

wuzp
Rising Star
I've never sat down to actually analyze what's going on but... it seems "to work best" if you first log into the main Oculus site; click through community --> Forums, and then wait 5 seconds for the "cross-site cookie shenanigans" to take place.  Once that occurs, setup your browser to never clear [*.]oculus.com and [*.]oculusvr.com cookies; so that you stay logged into forums.oculusvr.com as the expiration for the forum login cookies is several months.

Ham1ton
Protege
I can never sign into the support forum from Chrome, I have to use Edge. It's been like this all year and posting here has done nothing to fix this terrible issue.