cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb 3.0 repeated disconnect issue

antrobot1234
Level 2

this issue started after 1 session of stable connection using usb 3.0 with the same cable, and same port. However, after taking a break and coming back later, my pc refuses to stay connected to the quest when using 3.0 ports. My usb cable (which has a light to indicate connection) blinks out frequently, and the link rarely ever lasts til a few seconds after connecting to occulus link. However, when using the exact same usb cable with one of my 2.0 ports, the connection is stable, and the light is solid. Now obviously, i would like to be able to use 3.0 so i can get the vastly improved speeds, but im currently at a loss of what to do. I have restarted my pc, my quest, and tried updating the drivers but didn't get anywhere.

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We understand wanting to have the extra speed to play your games and have that great experience, but we see you mentioned having difficulty doing so, don't worry, we'll get you all taken care of as soon as possible.

Could you please check the USB 3.0 cable to ensure it is not torn or damaged in any way? If your cable cord is in good condition but you are still experiencing trouble with it, please open a support ticket here and one of our experts will gladly assist you.