cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

we can't find your headset please connect your headset

Super-Oleg
Sightseer
Hello, I get an error "we can not find your headset please connect your headset"
Every time when I'm in something I play with different periodicity, sometimes 3 times per minute, sometimes 1 every 5 minutes.

All wires tried I rearrange, all usb 3.0, hdmi too tried to rearrange to another. It does not help all the same error appears.
When an error occurs runs 10-15 seconds and restores everything. This greatly angers.

pls, help how to fix it
12 REPLIES 12

Super-Oleg
Sightseer
my logs, i've tried all, don't know where to find solution

Super-Oleg
Sightseer
still dont work, where should i appeal?

Osage
Honored Guest
 I get this problem too. Usually when I take the headset off while an app is playing it will come up with that headset missing error, please reconnect. The window on my computer shows the app is still running, as is the head tracking. Moving around the rift in space will cause the window to move, but no video is displayed in the lenses. I do stivvll have audio. I have to shut down the app and restart it for it to work again. Leaving any app after I had this error fixes the problem once I return to the Oculus Home.

Super-Oleg
Sightseer

Osage said:

I get this problem too. Usually when I take the headset off while an app is playing it will come up with that headset missing error, please reconnect. The window on my computer shows the app is still running, as is the head tracking. Moving around the rift in space will cause the window to move, but no video is displayed in the lenses. I do stivvll have audio. I have to shut down the app and restart it for it to work again. Leaving any app after I had this error fixes the problem once I return to the Oculus Home.

yeah, and still no support from oculus

Nibre
Expert Protege
You can try opening a ticket with Oculus Support so they can troubleshoot with you futher, and see what they can do to help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here! A year from launch and still driver issues. I tried everything I've read about this problem without success yet. 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
"periodicity"??!! Nice one! 😄

I've had this since building a new rig - first time it started working okay again after I had checked the connections (one at the headset end was suspect) - after contacting support.
Started again this morning and no amount of jiggling and reinserting plugs would get it recognised - but reinstalling the latest nVidia driver did.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure about this, it could be a couple things. I'd recommend submitting a support ticket.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Coldsnap500
Protege
Same here. Cold reboot usually helps. How heavy are the Rift and sensors on power consumption? Could it be a power issue.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?