cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VicsRiftS
Honored Guest
Your recent demand that all social users engage through Facebook is a bad decidion. I will not allow my children to be exposed thru Facebook so you can make a few pennies in marketing kickbacks. We will never participate in an Oculus social media again and I will actively campaign online against you from this point on.
135 Comments
HacXander
Protege
Really Zuck? So now every time I start Oculus, Facebook will shove its login notification in my face with NO option to turn it off? Let me be very clear about something, I WILL NEVER LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK EVER!!! This is not what I signed up for when I bought the headset. It's the worst most intrusive type of advertising I've ever saw. Give me the option to disable it ASAP!
olemissauthor
Honored Guest
I'm stunned that I cannot accept a friend request from a Brass Tactics opponent without signing into facebook. We could in the past. If Oculus wants to restrict some social apps to facebook users, okay. But I'm not using facebook just to set up matches with an opponent. That is punitive. Furthermore, my opponents suddenly cannot hear me!?! So I am unable to explain to my opponent why I can;t accept his friend request. Oculus is better than that.
HEMLOCK2525
Honored Guest
I'm very upset that you are forcing me to use my facebook account to connect with friends. i think you should have an choice. some people have good reasons to keeping their facebook accounts separated
TheEvilTurtle
Honored Guest
For some reason I cant use party chat like I was once capable of doing without linking my facebook. As a company you make it really hard for me to reccomend your products when you make silly changes like this.
schmaul
Honored Guest
Yes! This needs to happen. I'm okay with having an account on the Oculus platform, but needing to create an additional Facebook account just to play with friends? Facebook has already enough data of me through my Oculus account. Sketchy practices are completely ridiculous.
koby423
Honored Guest
Facebook ban my account after link to quest. https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/ekfj7f/facebook_disabled_my_account_after_linking_to/?... I tried since this day (20 dec.) to send them my ID photo 5 times (they ignore me like im not worth anything to them) they need to ignore the spam and troll users, not the legit users.
c_beaumont
Honored Guest
Oculus keep aligning functions to Facebook and not allowing these other functionality to work outside of Facebook. This needs to be removed and allow people to connect via the platform without Facebook. this is a function that has been in use for many years and with one update now your ability to connect outside of Facebook is gone. Please let me know if there is a work around for this?
c_beaumont
Honored Guest
Just posted similar post. This annoying trend, similar to the Dash issue that is not allowing offline access will drive users away from these products. I have used the Oculus platform for 5+ years from DK1 till now but if this continues it will make a decision easy to change.
PendragonDK
Honored Guest
STOP insisting that I login with a Facebook profile in order to use oculus friends or chat services - or wasn’t a requirement before, and we weren’t noticed before buying the newer Rift S - so either stop the blowsy requirement or give us our money back! I would much rather go with another vendor than create and sign in using Facebook Funny note: when I had Facebook, I noticed that the Facebook corporation were spying on me - this you could theorise wether this is deliberately being done as corporate espionage - and now you FORCE people to login to Facebook before being able to perform simple social actions??? Where does it end!?!
sean_couzens
Honored Guest
No I don't not wont to create and add Facebook to my Oculus Account. And we as a paying customer we should have a choice, and I am not happy that you are telling as how we should run are account. and on research I am not the only customer unhappy about this. So give us a choice please regards sean