cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got an Oculus Quest 2, and none of the lens positions available really suit me. More so because I ideally wanted to use the Oculus as a productivity device also, and that would've required being able to read text with minimal blurring.

I was looking at this video of a more high end and also more expensive VR headset: https://youtu.be/NOk_M1Ib5F0 ($7000...)

I imagine Oculus could try to harvest some of those features and implement them for as cheap as possible, for a somewhat more high end Oculus Quest model.

Personally, I think $600 and maybe even $1K might be acceptable prices for an Oculus that is a much better experience overall... As long as the screen resolution was closer to 4K (maybe even through upscaling), a bump in price would be totally reasonable.

The other main issue apart from the lenses for me is the strap and switching it to support other users. Ideally it should switch profiles automatically based on the user, and adapting to someone's head for a perfect and comfortable fit, should also be automatic.

I think that's pretty much all that really needs to happen - even if it increases the price and requires some compromises:

1. Lens should automatically facilitate highest clarity

2. Res should be high enough for productivity use cases

3. The headset should automatically adapt to the user wearing it - at both a hardware and software level

Edit: Prices for hardware do tend to fall over time. So there's really nothing wrong with having a high end model to help flesh out more advanced features.