cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go display on desktop and headset simultaneously (Unity)

ZacSVR
Honored Guest
Hello,
I'm developing an app for Oculus Go, using Unity 2019.1.12f1 and VRTK.

I want to have two displays: one on the headset, and one on the desktop. I know that this is possible with the Oculus integration (see this), but for some reason, I can't get it to work.

When I select "Build and run" in Unity, the program seems to run entirely on the headset - I can disconnect the headset from the computer, and the program still works perfectly on the headset. Adding a camera and setting its Target Eye to "None (Main Display)" doesn't do anything. I'm wondering if this might be because the Go is a standalone headset, so maybe the multi-display feature that works on the Rift doesn't work on the Go?

Does anyone know if this is possible on the Oculus Go?

Thank you!
1 REPLY 1

kojack
MVP
MVP
The thread you linked to was for the DK2 headset. PC headsets can do this easily, such as in Audica when you put on spectator mode.
But the Go is a stand alone mobile headset. It can't render anything to a PC (even if it could, it struggles just to render it's own display).
It depends on exactly what you require. If it's just to view the Go's display on a PC while playing, you can do that with Scrcpy. https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy
I use it at work, great program that isn't just for mobile phones, it works with Go and Quest too.

But if you want something different on each display (like a spectator mode that has a third person view of the VR player) then the easiest (really stretching the definition of that word) way would be make it a networked app. Have a Go client and a PC client and network them to stay in sync.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2