cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Along with a Download Manager, I'd love to see a Storage Manager, so I can tell how much room I've got left, and what apps are taking up the most space.

I was downloading tours in that Venice Guided Tour app, and after queuing up a bunch of downloads, there no way to see what had been downloaded or how far along any of the downloads were. After closing and opening the app later, it appeared that no tours were downloaded. I don't know if they're sitting there unrecognized and taking up space, or if the app flushes them after some amount of time. I'll probably end up uninstalling the app just to be sure that the space is freed up.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

fungusman said:

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

I use Alexa in VR for timers and reminders. Highly recommended; although it would be cool to have that feature in VR itself.

I do love that you called your GO a Rift, btw.
🙂

Roaster
Rising Star
Either improve the trackpad, or change it to a D-pad button arrangement.  The controller (the pud) is terrible.
The controller needs to be attached to the headset when not in use so it doesn't get lost.
Android-style app manager.
Zoom the screen of the browser.
3D backgrounds ffs. 2D looks totally lame.

Edit ... the browser does get bigger when I use YouTube full screen mode, pretty much fills the fov.
Can one do the same thing with a generic web page?
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

LZoltowski
Champion

Roaster said:

Either improve the trackpad, or change it to a D-pad button arrangement.  The controller (the pud) is terrible.
The controller needs to be attached to the headset when not in use so it doesn't get lost.

That would eat battery up FAST, esp that the browser/gallery/video player all exist in that environment
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Roaster said:

Good tips, but just some input:
  • You can already click the Trackpad area in all 4 directions.
  • Can't we just use our actual Android Phone to manage the apps?

Anonymous
Not applicable
1) Please add voice search to the browser or better yet port Chrome with all of the features that we know and love (hate) so that I don't have to recreate all of my bookmarks, etc.
2) Add voice controls everywhere conceivable.
3) Add a quick and dirty external view camera easily accessed from the Go menu so that I don't have to yank it off to find where I set down the controller.
4) Update the Bluetooth software to support audio headsets.
to be continued...

Superattorney
Explorer
Let us use Oculus Rift Touch controllers! Please!

LZoltowski
Champion

Let us use Oculus Rift Touch controllers! Please!

That is the Santa Cruz project and it's in the works 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Roaster
Rising Star

That would eat battery up FAST, esp that the browser/gallery/video player all exist in that environment

Ahh ... I don't have a gasp of the priorities with gO.  I'll have a dual 18650 pack on the headstrap in no time.
Might need a usb hub before long too. Can I get usb cam to plug in? Think dual thermal imagers, or binoculars.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu