cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any reason 2.0 Crashes on startup with Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics

bobduffy5
Protege
Been using Medium for sometime, no issues.  However I got a new PC yesterday, set up and looks like 2.0 is now the download.  Medium crashes at start.
System is Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics.  I can send my log file if needed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Since it's a new computer, it may be possible that you need to make a Medium folder in My Documents (this could be a problem with computers with multiple users and Administrators).

In addition, you may also need to update to the latest graphic card drivers. I like to stop the Oculus Runtime service, uninstall and reinstall my GFX drivers, and then start the service once more. Let me know if that works for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Since it's a new computer, it may be possible that you need to make a Medium folder in My Documents (this could be a problem with computers with multiple users and Administrators).

In addition, you may also need to update to the latest graphic card drivers. I like to stop the Oculus Runtime service, uninstall and reinstall my GFX drivers, and then start the service once more. Let me know if that works for you.

bobduffy5
Protege
Thanks, just tried that; adding a Medium folder, but sill crashes on start. 
Graphics are up to date.   I can try to reinstall drivers and see if that does anything

bobduffy5
Protege
Got it working. Looks like there was a variant of the graphics tool pre-installed.  When I reinstalled the drivers it fixed it.
So I suggest anyone who has an Intel NUC 8 pre-built with Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics to go to downloadcenter.intel.com and install this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27881/Radeon-RX-Vega-M-Graphics 

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
@bobduffy5  Oh interesting. Good to know, thanks for sharing the fix