cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
OMG there is already a sculpture thread going on the Forum and I still haven't even received my confirmation email!

I am so on the verge of... waiting longer.

micahganske
Explorer
Nice work, FrozenPea!  I'm probably more excited for Medium than any other Touch program. Since it's voxel-based, or at the very least voxel-like, it's a very exciting tool for concept work.  Zbrush may have dynamesh, but I've never seen a sculpting tool that makes creating complex forms so easy. No more dealing with boolean operations, or remeshing in order to get more evenly distributed polygons, you just plop more mass on your object wherever you want and it makes it a nice clean solid!  I'll probably do all the early stage design work for my sculptures in Medium and then refine in Zbrush. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Zenbane awh man sorry to hear! cant wait to see what you make when you get Touch! 🙂

@micahganske yeah i was most excited for Medium as well and it really didnt dissapointed! the learning curve is really great and i didnt feel put off at all by the UX. I cant wait till they add more features! 

vannagirl
Consultant

FrozenPea said:

I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg

wow

you make this Señor??
this is both fun and awesome

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
@vannagirl thanks! yeah i made it with Oculus Medium 🙂 Its based of Adventure Time!

MrKudden
Explorer
Wow im really impressed! I'm gonna try make something tomorrow. Didn't have the time for more than the tutorial. Too many games to try the first day haha
No idea what to make though, probably nothing even close to the quality of your work ;D

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MrKudden Thanks! 🙂 Well I was surprised it came out so well to be honest! Just looking at some reference images online before you start sculpting or doing things like trees are pretty fun and easy to do!

I'm probably just gonna sculpt some more cartoon stuff for the time being as they all have simple shapes

Anonymous
Not applicable
@FrozenPea I'm just wondering where these photos are being saved..? I took a picture of my first effort and can't find the image to upload it to an image hosting site!  😮

Edit: No worries, I've just found it. For anyone else wondering it's saved in your Windows Documents folder!  😄

Here's my first effort, just spent a few minutes messing around with the swirl tool, I'll do something proper later on:

1swzwo1qzbh8.jpg

JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege
Fun even for the artfully challenged.
u6hehb8to5zl.jpg