cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issue

YoshiBoi55
Explorer

On oculus my internet works just fine. I can talk to my friends on party and do everything outside of games. But when I load a game, it won’t connect to the internet all of a sudden. The quest will still work with internet but the game won’t detect it. I’ve tried almost everything, even a factory reset once. Didn’t fix my problem

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, YoshiBoi55! Thank you for reaching out on the forum. This definitely shouldn't be the case, and we completely understand your concern! Not having access to play games can be discouraging considering that's what it was purchased for!  

We have some questions to ask you:

• When did this issue start to occur?
  • Has the issue always occurred?
  • Are all your games affected?
  • What specific games have you tried to test?

These questions will really help us determine what could be causing the issue and what steps we can take next. We hope to hear from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Sorry for responding so late, but this issue started maybe 3 months ago now and is still affecting me. It does affect all games that have online multiplayer. I usually play games like Beat Saber, VR Char, Gorilla Tag, Echo VR, and Rec Room. I’m almost sure this will still be a problem on other online multiplayer games.

Hey there! Thank you for following up with us, let's work together and get you back into the VR world asap. We have a few troubleshooting steps for you to try:

• Try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network
  • Restart Wi-Fi router
  • Restart device
  • Retry playing a multiplayer game

Please let us know if this was helpful or not, and we can continue to resolve this network issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi! Just following up with you, was your issue resolved?

Yeah, it just seems to be something with my wi-fi. Thanks for the help!

Our pleasure! We hope you have a great day, and reach out to us anytime you need help. Best wishes!