cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset lag/jitter when casting

Somnambular
Honored Guest
Hey everyone, was just wondering if anyone had this issue and knew how to fix it or at least make it better.

My girlfriend and I both have 64gb Quest 2 headsets and we have been trying to get them casting smoothly. My girlfriends Quest 2 has no issues when casting to her laptop, but when I cast to it, I experience extreme jitter in the headset and latency issues. Are there steps I can take to improve casting quality or is this a hardware issue? I am using the same method of casting as my girlfriend and her results are much higher quality. I also get this jitter when recording gameplay. This hasn't always been an issue but I can't remember exactly when it started. I tried factory resetting to see if that helped and it didn't.

Any help appreciated 
5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @Somnambular Please submit a ticket with us and if you can include a short video of the issue and we will be happy to look into your issue. Thanks! - Clint
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PITTCANNA
Visionary
restart the router, and if possible plug the laptop directly into the router.

limaalphanov
Honored Guest
I've started having the exact same issue - did you ever find a fix to this?

TheC0llectoR
Protege
Same thing for me and after I cast I have to shut it down and charge it back to 100% before turning it back on even if it is low or not or else my hmd has an EXTREME wave/moving back and forth motion with tracking and it will make even rock solid vr veterans sick. Any fix?

I know this is dated, but I absolutely wanted to ask/comment on this. You suggest them make a short video to look into the issue? So how is that to be accomplished? I'm assuming I'm doing something incorrect because when I video capture my issue on the main screen, the video plays back as a lovely black screen except when I bring up the little dash menu, well that's there, but nothing else. It has to be something I'm doing wrong because I know it's not because it is limiting what I can capture!  That'd be as ridiculous as having a keyboard that has a colon and period on the first page: making you go to the second page for a comma: not a period and a comma which would make more sense. I'm typing this on the oculus browser with the built in keyboard incase you could'nt already tell. I think it'd fit: I mean, you have virtually tons of room: haha virtually! Get it?