cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go Build 13.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 3, 2019.

*Update 2/4/2020 2:55pm - Added section for Oculus Link changes.

Oculus Link

• You now have the ability to reset your guardian from within Dash while using Oculus Link.
  • A button to enable Oculus Link has been added to the Quest system menu bar.
  • Fixed an issue where audio was only audible when Dash was present.
  • Fixed an issue where Home would not load when enabling Oculus Link.
  • Fixed an issue where audio would only work for some users if it was set to 100%.
  • Fixed an issue so you can now replay a video you've recorded for abuse reporting purposes before submitting it, while running Oculus Link.
  • Performance and stability updates.
Hand Tracking

• When switching from Hand Tracking to using controllers, you can now more easily find your controllers by enabling Passthrough
  • We’ve added an option to enable automatic transitioning between hand tracking and controllers
  • We’ve added a new step to the Hand Tracking Tutorial that will allow you to practice scrolling with your hands
  • Remote rendering support for Unity has been added so developers can more easily build and test Hand Tracking apps through their PC
  • Improved Hand Tracking stability

Events

• You can now start a party direct from a live event’s detail page to help you and your friends get into the event together more efficiently.
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer-created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user-created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.

Search

• Updated app search appearance and behavior. Please note that we are testing this new look and feel with a limited group, so some users may continue to see the old version.

System Apps

• A new app called Scoreboards will allow you to see how your achievement and leaderboard accomplishments compare to your friends’. Please note that this feature is rolling out slowly to all users, so you may not see it right away.
  • The storage manager has received a makeover! A new look and some updated descriptions will allow you to have a better understanding of your device’s storage use.
  • User profiles have been updated to show the apps that you own, your achievements, and your friends.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug with party invitations, making it no longer possible to invite a user to a party that they are already in.
  • Fixed a bug related to app downloads that caused the headset to stop responding
  • Made the process of launching an app after switching from hand tracking to controllers more efficient.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused app purchase button text to be displayed oddly.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a "Tracking Lost" when waking the headset up from a sleep state.
  • Fixed a bug where avatar thumbnails would sometimes not update in all locations after a change was made.
  • (Oculus Go) Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the display to lock up when waking the headset up from sleep.
  • Additional bug fixes and stability improvements.
210 REPLIES 210

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
Good to see the tracking lost bug fixed. If I update to 13 I also need version 13 on the desktop oculus link software, correct? As in opting into the beta
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Strongit said:

Good to see the tracking lost but fixed. If I update to 13 I also need version 13 on the desktop oculus link software, correct? As in opting into the beta

Yeah, if you get the Quest update before the PC update, you can opt in to the PTC beta to force-update to v13 on PC. If you get the PC update first, you’re stuck waiting for the Quest update before you can use Link again. Hopefully they’ll both become available to any given user around the same time. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

enigma01
Trustee
Nothing about fixing ‘known issues’ with Official Link cable and Thunderbolt 3? Is this actually going to be fixed with a software update?

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Something about Link? Is the micro working now?

Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

MrBMT
Expert Protege

enigma01 said:

Nothing about fixing ‘known issues’ with Official Link cable and Thunderbolt 3? Is this actually going to be fixed with a software update?

I mean there's nothing mentioned about Link at all, which is somewhat surprising. Makes you wonder if none of the issues with link (lag since v12 that some have experienced) have actually been fixed with this release.
Edit: Unless they're just counted under "Additional bug fixes and stability improvements."
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable

kgian76
Expert Protege
Somebody test the microphone with link please. It was working fine for me before it got disabled with v12. 

christian_k_ric
Honored Guest
I connected my quest to PC trough link, ti downloaded and installed v13 without asking... Now the quest isnt compatible with the PC software. Can I downgrade it or update the pc version somehow?

enigma01
Trustee

MrBMT said:
I mean there's nothing mentioned about Link at all, which is somewhat surprising. Makes you wonder if none of the issues with link (lag since v12 that some have experienced) have actually been fixed with this release.
Edit: Unless they're just counted under "Additional bug fixes and stability improvements."

Yeah... On the 12.0 announcement Link was the first thing mentioned, with quite a large section.

Do you still have the replacement Link cable you received that wouldn’t work at all on your Thunderbolt 3? Have you had chance to check with V13 yet, or haven’t you received the update yet? I’d be interested to know if V13 made any difference for you. 

MrBMT
Expert Protege

enigma01 said:

MrBMT said:

Yeah... On the 12.0 announcement Link was the first thing mentioned, with quite a large section.

Do you still have the replacement Link cable you received that wouldn’t work at all on your Thunderbolt 3? Have you had chance to check with V13 yet, or haven’t you received the update yet? I’d be interested to know if V13 made any difference for you. 

Edit: Yep. The v13 update with v14 PTC software fixed the official link cable when using my Thunderbolt 3 ports!
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable