cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift 1.30 (Rolling Out Now) Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Dash
    • We added a bunch of new design updates for improved panel navigation, management, as well as a more consistent visual treatment.
    • Experiments Panel: A new experiments panel has been added to the Settings menu. From here you can try new features and product experiments (all features here are subject to change):
      • Wrist Watch: once enabled, your left wrist will display the time when Dash is up. If you pin the watch, it will display on your wrist in Home and in all apps.
      • Pullout Panels: Press A + Grip and pullout individual app windows from Oculus Desktop and place them anywhere.
      • Remove Panel Footer: this setting removes the visual controls (chrome) on all Dash panels.
    • Long Press: Sets the Oculus Button to a long press to avoid accidental presses.
  • Oculus Home
    • Improved graphics card support for panel streaming: The ability to stream your desktop content directly to displays in your Home is now supported across additional graphics cards.
    • Summer Furniture : A new collection of 10 assets that fit a tropical summer theme. Objects include:
      • Lustrous Palm
      • Beach Read
      • Florence the Flamingo
      • Summertime Recliner
      • Summertime Umbrella
      • Surfboard
      • One Swan-a-Swimming Floatie
      • Buddy Bear Floatie
      • Sidewinding Serpent Floatie
      • Shabby Sharkhead
    • Tutorial Improvements: Tutorials for new users should now be easier to manage with the addition of lessons in your Home settings menu. In the Interface section of settings, each section of Home tutorials is available to start individually, giving you quick access to the information you need. In addition, you can now dismiss an individual tutorial at any point in the process.
  • Oculus Desktop App
    • Improvements to Unknown Sources: The ability to bulk import applications, as well as re-add previously removed applications via your Library. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
115 REPLIES 115

Wildt
Consultant

Long Press: Sets the Oculus Button to a long press to avoid accidental presses.
OMFG! Thank YOU!
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Raunhofer
Protege
All hail the Long Press! Thank you Oculus!
You once again listened us!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome , update sounds great!
Thanks for the tutorials as well!!

I notice Oculus Home has been starting now when I power on my PC, is that correct? Never had done that before. (headset tucked away in it's box).

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't see anything related to Oculus Home in my Startup, but now Home starts each time I power on my PC. Never seen this before. I do not want it to launch until I put headset on which is how it has been.
Anyone else seeing this in 1.30? Any way to disable it from doing that?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
So, is this a beta or not?  Thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, I should have mentioned: this is for Public Test Channel users available now, the full live release is coming later.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
I submitted feedback on how Oculus Home  with 1.30 now starts as PC boots up. I hope they can get that corrected, I do not care for that much.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, clicking Provide Feedback in the Help Center (lower left corner) will be the best place for feedback. 

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Is the Wristwatch bug fixed? The one that causes the wristwatch panel to stay open all the time.