cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v13 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Important note:
This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest. In order to use remote rendering, please opt out of the PTC to return to PC software version 12. We continue to work on improving this experience in future releases. Thanks for your patience!

Events
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.

Oculus Mirror
  • We’ve exposed the customization options to the Oculus Mirror tool as a Graphical User Interface.
    • These options will allow you to do things like adjust the mirror type, choose which eye(s) is displayed on the mirror, adjust the FOV scale of the mirror, and also take screenshots.
    • You can also save and load Oculus Mirror settings within the File menu, which will also save and restore the window position and size.
    • Hotkeys for these new options can be found next to each item within the Settings and File menus.
    • The tool will automatically reconnect to the Oculus Service in the event of a service restart.
    • The Oculus Mirror tool can be launched by navigating to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics and selecting OculusMirror.exe.
192 REPLIES 192

RattyUK
Trustee
Oooo!  The mirror options sound useful 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
So this new version doesn't even address the current problems with version 12? Kinda hard to test out these new features when I can't even use my Rift S anymore.

American_DJ1985
Protege

So this new version doesn't even address the current problems with version 12? Kinda hard to test out these new features when I can't even use my Rift S anymore.

That sucks.  Did you try the new version to see if they just didn't include the fixes in the patch notes?

Anonymous
Not applicable
New version working fine for me with Rift S so far, however I never had a problem with Version 12 either. Guess I have been lucky.
I wish they would push a PTC out for Quest also so one could continue to use Link while participating in the PTC.

morphee7
Expert Protege
so you bring out another PTC when non PTC users say they still have issues with v12 and the last PTC we had still didnt fix the problems for some, i know i havent had any issues after the last PTC but now you have forced this PTC out so if it breaks my rift s i cant opt out because v12 bricks it, well done i congratualte you on this one

Megalithik
Expert Protege
So you're going a whole new version # but not addressing all the problems v12 has introduced ?!  Who's running the show over there?!

cannow
Explorer
quick test no better . Option to roll back to pre v12 please

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
@morphee7 - Hi there - I believe you've seen my comments on the v12 release note thread, but I'd encourage anyone who is experiencing an issue to open a customer support ticket to work through their specific problem(s). Sometimes, a user's specific PC configuration can play a role in these types of things, so it's helpful for our team to work with people one on one. I would also encourage users to utilize the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the desktop software (including system information is always helpful!) as it remains the quickest and best way to ensure our engineering team gets eyes on the reported issue. Please know that our team is always working hard to resolve any reported issues as quickly as possible. Thanks.

cannow
Explorer
No point when was working , just don't push out bad software to the main release . PTC fine . Or at least offer a roll back solution . Performance had dropped but woopee do I can have facebook adds . Pre V12 rollback solution please.