Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v15 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Community Manager
Community Manager
Oculus Link

• You are now able to test your connection during Oculus Link setup. Clicking the Test Cable button will tell you whether or not your connection is compatible, what the available bandwidth is, and what the connection type is. You can access Link setup by selecting Quest and Touch from the Devices menu when your headset is hooked up to your PC.
  • Important note: The Test Cable functionality requires your Quest headset is on software version 15 as well, meaning this feature will not work properly at this time. We appreciate your patience while we work to roll out the Quest v15 software update soon.

Chats

• Updated icons and labeling to improve consistency and add additional clarity to what what each button does
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the ‘Start Chat’ button to move locations

Miscellaneous

• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
39 REPLIES 39

bitzie
Level 5
I'm not sure if it's just placebo or wishful thinking, but the little bit that I played of Saints & Sinners definitely felt smoother. Still not 100% as there was a tiny bit of hitching here and there, but it did feel better. Have to do some more testing later tonight and tomorrow to get a proper feel for it, but so far, so good.

Richooal
Level 12

Miscellaneous

Does anybody at Ocubook know what any of these "fixes" and "improvements" are?
It would be nice (in a public test channel) to actually test if they are indeed fixes and improvements. It still feels very much like a "Public Guinea Pig Channel".
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

MalicTolsen
Level 4
Does it fix the z fighting issue on pinned window displays that are shrunk below a certain size?

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/86013/pinned-display-z-fighting-issue-bug#latest

Edit: No it does not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HpHyYvIezE

For people that are trying to stream their VR gameplay, it makes it difficult to have a back and forth with chat if we have to fumble with it every time we take the headset off.  We are sometimes getting a gray screen until we angle and position  it *just right*. 

When chat asks what is going on and we have to say that the Oculus Software has not fixed this since last year, it feels bad.  I have an ongoing VR survey and I have helped sell over 300 VR headsets, but if updates are just breaking things, then it makes recommendation more difficult when people coming in to find out more about VR just see someone that has been using it since the Oculus Kickstarter trying to get it to just work to see their chat.

Kareshi
Level 7
Why, why make a PTC for such a small thing? Also, what are these "improvements and stability", what are they? Why can't you be 100% transparent with your community and just tell us what was the issue and what did you do to improve it, maybe, just maybe us who use the PTC can actually test to see if it actually got improved, hmmm? What's the point of the PTC if there is no way for us to give proper feedback if the notes are so vague. Unless you like vague statements like "it doesn't feel smooth", etc etc? If so, let us know too.

uKER
Level 5

Richooal said:

Miscellaneous

Does anybody at Ocubook know what any of these "fixes" and "improvements" are?
It would be nice (in a public test channel) to actually test if they are indeed fixes and improvements. It still feels very much like a "Public Guinea Pig Channel".

Well, seriously, what do you think a test channel is for???
If you don't like being a guinea pig for unreleased stuff stay on the release channel!

Kareshi
Level 7

uKER said:

Well, seriously, what do you think a test channel is for???
If you don't like being a guinea pig for unreleased stuff stay on the release channel!

That's not the point of the comment, the point of the comment is the fact we get 0 information about what was changed or improved so we can properly detect it and come back with feedback, do you read?

Kareshi
Level 7
So after testing Boneworks out which while having the Advance Frametime SteamVR provides, as well as the Perf graph I enable through OTT, with this PTC it seems the game is overall more stable, as compared to v14 where there would be that slight hitch ever second or so. 

TomCgcmfc
Level 15
Probably same fix as with v14.  Go to oculus home dashboard/ settings/ graphics/ and enable panel rendering.
i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Kareshi
Level 7

TomCgcmfc said:

Probably same fix as with v14.  Go to oculus home dashboard/ settings/ graphics/ and enable panel rendering.

You know what, I actually disabled HQPN, that might be it, I'll check right now.

Edit: yep, thats what it was lol thank you.