cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenXR Quest 2 Unity Application Opens In "Window Mode"

ocu.lusdev.54
Honored Guest

Issue: APK application opens in a non-interactable window that can only be closed by alternative means (ie. power cycle, open another application, uninstall).
Observations: Log does not provide any obvious errors, warnings, or messages. Build Settings match previous working projects with the exception of settings specific to OpenXR requirements.
image.png

My team and I have been messing around with build settings, checking forums, documentation, news postings, and have not found any relevant or related occurrence of this issue. I'm happy to provide any code, logs, or additional screenshots. 

Unity Version: 2020.3.2f1
Quest 2 Version: 32.0.0.58.353.311069892
Quest 2 Software Version: 18371800151900000

oculusdev54_0-1630426696121.png

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need the latest Oculus Integration https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration and to build your Quest app with the AndroidOpenXR plugin contained in it (which should happen automatically if it's correctly installed and enabled).

You only need to import the "VR" folder from the Oculus Integration unitypackage to get this working.

SanCity
Protege

I guess you just doesn't have a proper android manifest file. If you use OVR, they have a tool to build an Quest compatible manifest file. This is how my Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:installLocation="auto">
  <application android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@mipmap/app_icon" android:allowBackup="false">
    <activity android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:configChanges="locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|mcc|mnc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|touchscreen|uiMode" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity" android:excludeFromRecents="true">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
        <category android:name="com.oculus.intent.category.VR" />
      </intent-filter>
      <meta-data android:name="com.oculus.vr.focusaware" android:value="true" />
    </activity>
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.SkipPermissionsDialog" android:value="false" />
    <meta-data android:name="com.samsung.android.vr.application.mode" android:value="vr_only" />
    <meta-data android:name="com.oculus.supportedDevices" android:value="quest|quest2" />
  </application>
  <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking" android:version="1" android:required="true" />
</manifest>