cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopano Video Pro 2

andrewmatthews0
Honored Guest
Hey everyone,

I'm considering purchasing Autopano Video Pro 2 but I have a question about system requirements, specifically Giga. Though nowhere on Kolor's store page does it say that Giga is required to use VP2, virtually every tutorial and documentation I've looked into incorporates Giga into the workflow. Do I need it? Does it come with VP2? If not, why would they sell a product that absolutely requires another product and not tell you about it? Wish Kolor's website was more clear about this.

Additionally, if anyone has any general advice before the purchase, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it does require one of the Autopans (Pro or Giga) to get full benefit from Autopano Video Pro 2 as I understand it.
My experience of downloading the demo of Autopano Video Pro 2 is that it would stitch but not allow any control of control points or other settings. (i.e. edit button did nothing) After downloading the Giga (or Pro?) demo it then reacted to Edit button (as in the videos) and brought up all the controls in that app. Suggest you do a test yourself anyway to check your machine, etc.

And yes, it is very odd that it's not actually mentioned anywhere on the Kolor site (or at least is not obvious)

From a 3rd party companies:
http://freedom360.us/shop/kolor-autopano-video/

"Autopano Pro (APP) or Autopano Giga (APG) are required to use Autopano Video or Autopano Video Pro properly. If you don’t already own either APP or APG take a look at this bundle and save!"
---------------------
from http://magasin.skivr.com/en/autopano-ko ... o-pro.html

"Autopano Video Pro 2

Autopano Vidéo allows you to stitch easily and efficiently 360 degrees immersive videos whatever equipment used for shooting. This is the same version as Autopano Vidéo but includes GPU rendering.

Warning, you have to own valid license of Autopano Pro or Giga to establish the initial stitch."

You'll notice Kolor, Freedom and others offer bundles. Wonder how many people have purchased it only to find they have to buy more to get the whole thing to work.

andrewmatthews0
Honored Guest
Thanks, that's what I figured. Better take another look at my budget here.