cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Mode is missing!

ManickBi
Explorer

OMG! this morning, I turned ON my quest2 and schokingly found that my custom apps are gone under unknown sources. Then I look into my ouclus companion app and figured out that the developer mode is also missing! can't connect the headset to pc via adb. Not even list out my device under "adb devices" command. Need a fix! help me out!!!

46 REPLIES 46

CactusCowboy
Adventurer

Same here. Even a factory reset didn't solve it. 

sully.lamb
Explorer

same here

joe.yong1
Honored Guest

also ran into the same issue here

ec-sysadmin
Honored Guest

Same here. Was fine Friday. This morning developer mode is shown as checked in the onboard Oculus settings, but no unknown sources list.

ec-sysadmin
Honored Guest

Did some digging. Looks like they sent out an email forecasting this. Basically, it says that if you don't "verify" your dev account by Oct 21, your device will be locked out of developer mode. Verification consists of either linking a credit card to your account or setting up SMS 2-factor. Verify here: https://developer.oculus.com/manage/verify
I have done so. But have yet to see any change on the device.

giptibo
Honored Guest

Yes I had the same issue so i did the verification witch my phone number but it stil not work

kentga67
Protege

I cannot see more options to even turn on developer mode as a option?   There is no more settings option? 

CactusCowboy
Adventurer

My dev mode came back today. Disappeared on Friday, only phone number verified. 

I have created a organization -  put in my phone number -  cc, and yet the developer or more options does not appear?