cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make FOV tangent multiplier and ASW settings available in oculus app on PC.

Rapierarch
Explorer

Dear,

I'm using the oculus quest 2 with glasses spacer otherwise my wipers touches the lenses. 

I have absolutely no problem sharpness clarity and FOV in this setting. 

But my gpu is suffering to push all the pixels which are mostly not visible to my eyes. With ODT I can comfortably lower the FOV tangent multiplier to 0.75 both for horizontal and vertical without seeing any black bars. Which gives me enough headroom to render all games at 1.0X at 72Hz without needing ASW and not compromising the resolution. 

Since I mostly play flight sims ASW is not working well there so I turn it off. 

Every time I need to link my HMD I have to run the ODT and make these settings again and again which is cumbersome. 

Can you please make these settings also available and parement in Oculus PC app so that we can set it up once and never need to do it again.  

Thanks in advance and.

Kindest regards,

7 REPLIES 7

norms360
Honored Guest

I second this, still no reply?  I am struggling to enable FOV tangent multiplier at startup.  I have however managed to enable ASW with 90hz mode enabled so I get a constant 45FPS which suits me well.  But without being able to configure FOV tangent multiplier down a few steps, my system struggles to maintain 45FPS.  If I manually set the FOV tangent multiplier to a bit lower than default then I always maintain the 45FPS.  Am I missing an option to enable FOV tangent multiplier via command line?  This command forces ASW in command line tool "server:asw.sim45"

Nytevizion
Expert Protege

Hoping Oculus support actually helps? 😂 We are on our own.

sorry for the late reply, but you must try to install Oculus Tray Tool, it has the ability to save setups for FOV tangent multiplier, ASW disable, and other optimizations from the oculus debug tool but with an autolauch on windows start, per app or per game profiles, etc.!

Important links 

Ggizzle_s.o.g
Expert Protege

Great games 

phobos2077
Explorer

I use bat script to set up for a specific game like this:

@echo off
(
@echo service set-client-fov-tan-angle-multiplier 0.83 0.80
@echo service set-pixels-per-display-pixel-override 1.15
@echo server:asw.Clock45
) | "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugToolCLI.exe"
pause
cls

Oh thank you for this. Really tired of changing those settings every time I load up.