Did you mean: 

No Developer Mode on Quest or Rift

kentga67
Protege

Been trying for 7 days now- numerous emails back and forth with tech support

1 Quest 2

2 Rifts

Iphone 

About ready to give up.   Was going to teach VR with Unity and Oculus,  but only thing students have learned so far is that if you want to be a developer then probably best to buy a different headset.  Other companies simply enable developer mode - not tied into Facebook.

15 REPLIES 15

Qnlbnsl
Explorer

Same here. I actually am a developer for an organization nd I just factory reset one of our devices. Cannot enable developer mode at all. Keeps telling me to go and become a developer.......

It was working couple of months back.

MrSocom
Honored Guest

I believe you can make an Oculus account instead of a Facebook account to get access to the developer side. 

I don't have a Facebook and just started to get into VR development. All I needed to do was create an oculus account. 

But I am currently stuck on trying to get my oculus connected to Unity. I am starting to suspect I need the Link cable in order to even work with it on my PC. I've used a USB to USB-C and doesn't seem to work. 

No I think you must have a FB account to use any Oculus device now and the old Oculus account no longer work

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Please update your Oculus app to the latest version, as this issue has been fixed: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/General-Development/Developer-Mode-Issues-Update/m-p/892227#M2012

I’m still having the same issue despite having updated. I have the latest ODH, latest adb, and the latest iPhone app, v135.. I have followed the instructions but it still won’t allow me to enable developer mode. 

Iohanv83
Explorer

same issue here just download the latest app and I cant get the developer mode active nothing works I am trying this since I got my device , nothing seems to be working pls fix this issue

I just downloaded the latest app for play store does not work! to add the dev mode simply does not work

Thanks for the feedback - I'll be keeping my eye on this. The fix may still be rolling out in phases, stay tuned.

I'm sorry for the churn with this!