cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Oculus Quest application from Oculus Browser (deep link)

khelkun
Explorer
I'd like to use deep linking (or what one could call custom URI scheme or custom application Protocol) from the Oculus Browser to open my Oculus Unity application.
Here's what the doc states about deep linking:
developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/ps-deep-linking/

Apparently another developer attempted to do that on Oculus Go unsuccessfuly, because the Oculus Browser blocks the deep link opening:
forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/69199/oculus-go-opening-application-from-the-browser

Here's what Unity doc states about deep lin on Android:
connect.unity.com/p/deep-linking-on-android-ios-with-unity

And it seems it gets blocked on Oculus Quest Web Browser.
Anyone already achieved this with succes ? If it's not supported by the Oculus Web browser, could this be supported in a near future please?

N.B: sorry for the screen captures instead of code paste but the code contains URLs and I'm not allowed to post URLs on the forum
Here's what I can see in the "Android Device Monitor" Log when I click a link hosted on 192.168.1.23:5000 :

0t8kjpnw3okk.jpg
f3lq7d2pb1zu.jpg

Here is the application AndroidManifest.xml from the Android exported gradle project from Unity:
c740gaodchqy.jpg
android:name="com.vizua.launcher.UnityPlayerActivity" is the right Activity path and matches the "Player Settings > Others Settings > Identification > Package Nale" in Unity.

5 REPLIES 5

EnsureworX
Explorer
I need this too!

stevenholwerda
Honored Guest
Also need this.

theZuckIsReptileman
Honored Guest

Did you find any solution for this?

Timo_Alta
Explorer

Would love this feature too

khelkun
Explorer

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to the Publishing Support Team.
Our team handles developer focused issues with platform services and developer application support.
Opening applications must be from the direct application itself. Opening an Oculus Quest application from Oculus Browser (deep link) is not supported at this time.
 We can let our internal teams know that this is a feature request, but as of right now this is not supported.
 If you wanted a more detailed response, we now have a dedicated technical support team on the VR Developer forms and they can better support your question/request there.

Thank you,

Joshua
oculus Developer Support

This is the latest answer I got from the support. Still an answer from the internal Team would be really appreciated. Why this is not supported?