cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passthrough API no longer working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all, 

I am currently working on an application that uses the Passthrough API available for unity and everything has been honky dory. 
Until this morning. 
Knowing that I have to use powershell to get the API to work every time I turn on my Quest 2, I did that this morning and this time it did not seem to work. Thinking I botched something in my code I went back to older versions of my app and it STILL is not working. Did Oculus release a silent update for this? I noticed that it even gave me a popup in the headset for apps that are using the Passthrough API (something I do not remember noticing before).
Please tell me I am missing something simple here because I really do not know where to go from here, my development is at a complete halt now.

Thankful for any responses!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

i wish you guys the best of luck in it, only thing i can give you guys is this video 

https://youtu.be/9u3QQi6Gnx0

i commented stating that it may no longer be working but the creator of the video says setting up in general without putting it in experimental should work the same, but i can not confirm this. hope this helps

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Alpha14
Protege

We have the same issue, is it just black now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

sadly yes, apparently the new v34 api is out and ready to go but i have not been able to figure out how to properly set it up. im searching online for a new setup tutorial but looks like no one has posted anything yet, if i get it to work i’ll post again here

Alpha14
Protege

We will do the same. Cant see how we complete the hackathon without the core feature working. We had v35 installed Friday but no one could figure it out 

Anonymous
Not applicable

i wish you guys the best of luck in it, only thing i can give you guys is this video 

https://youtu.be/9u3QQi6Gnx0

i commented stating that it may no longer be working but the creator of the video says setting up in general without putting it in experimental should work the same, but i can not confirm this. hope this helps

Alpha14
Protege

We got it working today, updating all firmware and API. However still unable to find or use scene capture. If anyones knows if this is actually available atm that would be great.

Anonymous
Not applicable

got mine working this morning too, i just followed the video i posted above. i couldn’t find out how to transfer my old project to the new api so i made a whole now project with the new integrations, then just simply brought my prefabs and scripts over from the last project. i know it’s not the fastest way but it worked for me. 

but regarding your question can you elaborate on what you mean by scene capture?

Alpha14
Protege

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/introducing-presence-platform-unleashing-mixed-reality-and-natural...

In the presence platform it shows that you can capture walls using the controller and objects in the room. So using your controller to capture real world objects and make them virtual. You can use spatial anchors etc. Is this available now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hm i’ve never seen that before. tbh my application i’m working on is specifically based around this idea, i have just been building the tools myself. i’ll have to see what’s available with that api