cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest/Quest 2 submission for App Lab...

PuffyFluff
Protege

Do I submit arm7 or arm64 build to App Lab if I want my app to run on both Quest 1 and 2?

I packaged both arm7 and arm64. I tried to install the arm64 on my quest 1 and after trying to launch it, I get the black screen and then back to Oculus menu. In other words, it doesn't work. Arm7 install works fine.

I read that they only want 64 bit now, but if I submit only arm64, will it still work for Quest 1 users as well? If so, why doesn't my arm64 package work then?

6 REPLIES 6

drash
Heroic Explorer

Hmm, I published my ARM64-only app for Quest 1 before Quest 2 was even a thing - not sure what the issue could be.  Definitely would take a look at the logs to see where to go next with this.

It seems they deleted my reply where I included the logcat from Android Studio. I couldn't make sense of it.

Anyway, were you referring to those logs or some other ones?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You shouldn't be building both Arm7 and Arm64. And you shouldn't be using "Split APKs by target architecture". Building only Arm64 should work on both platforms and it's the only build type the store will accept.

I changed it to package just for arm64 but still same problem. The weird thing is, when I install the package, I see it on the headset in the area with my other apps. I would have expected it to be under 'unknown resources'. So I don't know if it is pulling the APK from the dev portal (which doesn't work) or what. I can't find a way to delete it from the dev portal either. But running the app, whether it is actually the newly created APK or the one from the portal, doesn't work.

also I am trying to install Oculus software on my PC to see if it can give me clearer debug info. But it says I need to have either win 7 SP 1, win 8, or win 10. I am running win 7 SP 1, so.....nice.....

so this error comes now in debug mode for arm64:

LogPlayLevel: Error: 08-12 17:13:55.367 22439 22439 D UE4 : Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/HAL/MallocBinned2.cpp] [Line: 1228]
LogPlayLevel: 08-12 17:13:55.367 22439 22439 D UE4 : FMallocBinned2 Attempt to realloc an unrecognized block 0x7a79880000 canary == 0x0 != 0xe3

any ideas on what it means or how to fix it?