cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about ovr-platform-util.exe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there everyone,

Hopefully this hasn't been asked before - I tried looking and couldn't find any results matching up with this. Anybody get this error when trying to publish their app with the CLI tool? It used to work previously but sometime recently it stopped. Here is the command I run for the Quest app we're building and here is the error:

Logs are written to: C:\Users\there\AppData\Local\Temp\oc_cli_3946139722077253_2021-02-07T21-19-23-281Z.log

ERROR: Unable to fetch inital upload config.

I don't understand why it won't upload. If I try to upload via Unities Oculus Platform Tool with the same information plugged in it will upload successfully. Web works just as fine too. However, I've got a batch script that sends out multiple versions (Quest/Rift/etc.) so I'd rather be using that vs manually going through Unities defined way. Here is the command I use to upload:

ovr-platform-util.exe upload-quest-build --app-id (ourid) --token (ourtoken) --apk (ourAPK) --channel alpha --notes "Stuff here."
1 REPLY 1

The OP may have figured this out by now, but for anyone else who reads this (it was the top hit for the error when I googled), your problem is likely that you need to include a user token. Go to the API section of your app on developer.oculus.com and generate a user token. Then put it on the command line

--token YOURUSERTOKEN

I didn't originally have this because it wasn't included in the suggested upload tip that popped up when I tried to upload a large APK.