cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectator Mode does not work with Oculus Integration v38

CafeSingularity
Explorer

I want to develop an app using Spectator Mode in Quest2.

For now, I built the Oculus Integration sample scene, Oculus/VR/Scenes/SpectatorMode.unity, and ran it on Quest2. However, the video cast to my smartphone did not switch to Spectator Mode when I pulled the trigger on the controller.

Upon investigation, I found that the following code in UpdateSpectatorCameraStatus() in OVRSpectatorModeDomeTest.cs is not working.

if (OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.PrimaryIndexTrigger) || OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.SecondaryIndexTrigger))
		{
			camMode = OVRPlugin.Media.GetPlatformCameraMode();

if (camMode == OVRPlugin.Media.PlatformCameraMode.Disabled && readyToSwitch)
			{
				OVRPlugin.Media.SetMrcFrameImageFlipped(false);
				OVRPlugin.Media.SetPlatformCameraMode(OVRPlugin.Media.PlatformCameraMode.Initialized);
				StartCoroutine(TimerCoroutine());
			}

if (camMode == OVRPlugin.Media.PlatformCameraMode.Initialized && readyToSwitch)
			{
				OVRPlugin.Media.SetMrcFrameImageFlipped(true);
				OVRPlugin.Media.SetPlatformCameraMode(OVRPlugin.Media.PlatformCameraMode.Disabled);
				StartCoroutine(TimerCoroutine());
			}
		}

In particular, I found that OVRPlugin.Media.SetPlatformCameraMode(OVRPlugin.Media.PlatformCameraMode.Initialized); in this is not working. GetPlatformCameraMode() should be "Initialized". However, in reality, it remains "Disabled".

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

My development environment
Unity2020.3.28f1
OculusIntegration v38.0
OVRPlugin 1.69.0

I have a whole set up for developing for Quest2 in Unity.

1 REPLY 1

jovoes
Honored Guest

Same issue here. Any news on this?

This worked fine before the Meta OS upgrade to v49.

We tested in Unity 2020.3.33 and Unity 2021.3.19
Oculus Integration versions tested: 39, 49 and 50