cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecasting for Gear VR Disabled

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've disabled Chromecasting for Gear VR for some people due to a known issue. We are working on a fix and hope to have it back up for everyone shortly.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
4 REPLIES 4

firagabird
Adventurer
Could you inform us as to what known issue is being worked on? If it helps, I did some of my own analysis during the brief time when Chromecast was enabled on both my S7 and an S8 I had on hand. The two issues I discovered were related to audio and heat output.

For the latter issue, someone else commented that being able to choose a lower streaming quality (e.g. 480p15fps) would help a lot.
S7 Exynos Nougat. 2017 Gear VR. Public test channel.

LEVR360
Explorer
Any updates here? It also appears that when enabling simple screencasting via Google Home, Chromecast works great UNTIL you launch a GearVR app and insert into the headset. Image appears, but then immediately freezes. Other VR-based applications (Google Cardboard, etc.) seem to work just fine so far - both video and audio cast successfully.

Ideas? Suggestions? Workarounds? Even and interim hack would be much appreciated.

@levrstudios

roback
Explorer
Any chance to have this activated on developer accounts? Would help a lot - especially during testing and showcasing sessions.

JMDaemon
Expert Protege
This post was created months ago... chromecast is active again.