cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update has Oculus Home restarting constantly, interfering with other apps and eating battery

Joshawa7
Honored Guest
Samsung Galaxy S7 v G930PVPU2APH7

What started it was YouTube app pausing video every 5-10 seconds. Which it will do under certain conditions of other heavy app use. After some investigative work noticed Oculus Home app was constantly dropping off the Battery Usage app list and refreshing. It appears it's closing and restarting.

Even on a charger was losing 1% batt every 30 seconds. Had to finally uninstall the entire app package 

Maybe I'll try again down the line after more updates but maybe not. Huge waste of my time because of shoddy QA.
48 REPLIES 48

cue_em
Explorer
S6 and similar. Norton was going crazy re-scanning the app. Uninstalled all Oculus stuff.

deweyrii
Honored Guest
Same issues. may have to uninstall 

NeverDave
Honored Guest
Having same problem on Galaxy S7.  Threat scanner activates every 5-10 seconds on "Oculus Rooms"  Battery draining at alarming rate.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry about this. We are investigating the issue now. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

thefuseler
Honored Guest
Same here, thanks for looking into it!  Please keep us updated as it wont let me disable or uninstall the app.  When I restart my phone, they just all reappear!

Olebrumgreven
Explorer
Same problem. Thought my Norton Antivirus was going crazy. Hope you manage to fix this soon. It is seriously hampering my phones recourses.
Tnx in advance 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
I issue should be resolved now. You just need to uninstall Oculus Home first, and then Oculus Rooms (in that order) and then re-dock your phone. After you do that, it should download the latest working update. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

npharrison
Explorer
Not sorted with me. I found this thread, and uninstalled the main app. I still kept getting "com.oculus.rooms is scanned. No threats detected" from my kaspersky AV. My battery level had plummeted today after the update. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. So I went into application manager and uninstalled everything oculus apart from Oculus 360 Photos. I then connected it to the VR, got the link, disconnected it, downloaded the software, and signed in. Then as I'm looking at the library I keep getting "com.oculus.rooms is scanned. No threats detected" appearing on the screen and every couple of minutes thereafter. I'm going to have to unistall it all until you get a proper fix sorted. Thank you.

Olebrumgreven
Explorer
This issue is more serious then I first thought. My phone is getting really hot. Google play apps is struggling to update because oculus home is occupying the process. This on a Galaxy S7 Edge. 
On my girlfriends  S6 Edge the phone gets so hot that it shuts down because of this issue.

Hope a fix is coming soon. No autoupdade received here.