cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for direct download from app

JvanE
Explorer
I am loving the Gear VR with my S6 but there is one thing that annoys me and I wonder why this is so: why can't I download EVERYTHING that's in the store from within the Store app itself? Why are some video's downloaded right away and why do some only download a small file which needs to be run from within the Gear VR environment? This means that to watch a certain movie which I installed using the Oculus app I have to connect my S6 to the Gear VR, go to the app I downloaded using the Oculus app, start it and only THEN the download is triggered! And since some of them are 500 to 1000 GB there is nothing else to do but wait... (I also have the idea some movies are only being downloaded if you actually wait for it!).

In short: why can't I download EVERYTHING directly from the Oculus store app without having to start a Gear VR session? So that when I start Gear VR I can watch whatever I downloaded right away?
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the Oculus store is bad about this. Downloading and install are 2 step process that don't always work.
And as you note a number of apps have an internal download option which is a pain. Also no way to que up a number of videos to download. You can take off the headset in most apps and they should continue downloading but there's no audio indicator so you'll have to keep checking.

munkondi
Explorer
Agreed 100%. Unfortunately, the store is a total mess right now, almost every aspect of it. It's got to be impacting the amount of sales they're making so it doesn't make sense for them not to radically improve the experience.