cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assetto corsa random frame drops

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone. So I have been playing assetto corsa for the last year on my rift . Iv noticed on turns in micro stutters. No matter how low or off I put the settings it still does it . I ignored it for a long time thinking maybe it was just the oculus software however I bought an HP reverb and it does it with that as well. I ended up returning the reverb (that’s another story)  and sticking with the rift. I decided to monitor the game fps via debug tool and I’m showing random drops in frames. It’s like something randomly spikes , the FPS goes down from 90 to 87 for a moment I show a applicators frame drop then goes back up . This is the only game that does it too . I have deleted and reinstalled , verified game files , my drivers are all current. My performance headroom is good (in green like 60%) I’m kinda stumped as to what could be causing it . I’ve even tried uninstalling and not using content manager. Again it does not matter what settings I have it on it always does it. My system is cpu i78700k 4.7ghz, gpu gtx1080tiFE no over clock , 16gb ddr4 memory , ASRock Z370 pro 4 board , windows on a ssd and game on m.2 (same issue when both on ssd FYI) 
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Were you ever able to solve this? Im about to put my Rift up for sale on Ebay because of this. Moving over to a Vive instead, I cant stand this stuttering. I get the same small dips to 87 FPS randomly for no reason.